A canvas is an interactive canvas that can be used to visually lay out data for exploration, and perform data mining and predictive modeling tasks.
Here's a breakdown of the key canvas components.
- This is the space that displays all of your data visualizations and where you will conduct your analyses. All objects on the canvas are operators that can be moved, resized, and deleted. The canvas can be navigated in a free-form fashion. To pan, simply drag the background to any direction. To zoom in/out, key CTRL pressed and use your mouse wheel. If you are using a laptop you can use a pinch/zoom gesture on your trackpad.
- Dataframes (top-left):
- Provides a drop-down menu of all your datasets and their attributes (e.g. variables or column headers)
- You can add any dataset that you have permissions to, or save off additional ones post-transformation by dragging and dropping a dataframe into the (+) sign
- Operators (bottom-left):
- Provides a drop-down menu of various tools used to explore your dataset (e.g. forecasting, table view, etc.)
- Search bar : allows you to quickly search for specific operator
- Minimap (bottom-right):
- Provides a quick-overview of the elements on the canvases and easy-access to their location on it.
- Chat, Help and Feedback (bottom-left):
- Help: view Einblick documentation on the left side of the screen
- Feedback: submit feedback and bug reports